English Receives Multiple Endorsements in Re-Election BidJuly 27, 2018, 11:35 AM HST · Updated July 27, 11:35 AM 0 Comments
The campaign for Senate Majority Leader J Kalani English announced multiple endorsements in the Senator’s bid for re-election. English, who represents the 7th Senate District (Hāna, East and Upcountry Maui, Molokaʻi, Lānaʻi and Kahoʻolawe)has received endorsements from the following:
- ILWU Local 142,
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, District Council 50,
- Hawaiʻi State AFL-CIO,
- Maui Island Labor Alliance (MILA),
- Hawaiʻi State Teachers Association (HSTA),
- University of Hawaiʻi Professional Assembly (UHPA),
- Hawaiʻi Regional Council of Carpenters,
- Hawaiʻi Fire Fighters Association,
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 1186,
- General Contractors Association of Hawaiʻi,
- Operating Engineers Local Union No. 3,
- Hawaiʻi Association of Realtors PAC and
- Planned Parenthood Votes Northwest & Hawaiʻi.
“I am honored to receive the endorsement, support and confidence of these thirteen organizations and their members, who represent thousands of hardworking people in my district,” said Sen. English. “I am proud of the relationships that we have built and the work that we have accomplished together over the past eighteen years. I look forward to continued collaborations as we endeavor to create an even more vibrant community for Maui Nui and all of Hawaiʻi.”
Also, last week, his campaign announced the endorsement by the six maritime unions in Hawaiʻi
Senator J. Kalani English has served in the Hawaiʻi State Senate since 2000. He is the Senate Majority Leader and has previously served as the Chair of the Senate Committee on Transportation & International Affairs, as well as the Senate Committee on Energy & the Environment.
He is a graduate of the Kamehameha Schools and received advance degrees in Pacific Island Studies from Hawaiʻi Loa College, the East-West Center and the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa.
Senator English resides on his ancestral homelands in Hāmoa, Hāna, Maui.