Maui Blood Drive Taking Place This Week
The Blood Bank of Hawaiʻi is conducting a Blood Drive on Maui this week at Maui Economic Opportunity. Organizers say donating blood is free, easy and can help save three lives in Hawaiʻi.
THE ULTIMATE GIFT
- Donating blood is the ultimate gift this holiday season- it’s free, it’s easy, and it can help save three lives in Hawaiʻi.
- The need for blood doesn’t take a holiday. Yet each year during the holiday season, fewer donors show up to give blood, resulting in less blood on the shelves for those who need it most.
- To show appreciation for those who give the ultimate gift, donors who give blood December 1-31, 2018 can enter to win 3 days and 2 nights at the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa, round-trip airfare and a rental car. For more information and to schedule an appointment, call (808) 848-4770 or visit BBH.org.
Maui Blood Drives- December 2018
Please note: Drives are subject to change.
|Mon Dec. 17||Maui Economic Opportunity (Class 1 & 2)||8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.|
|Tue Dec. 18||Maui Economic Opportunity (Class 1 & 2)||7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.|
|Wed Dec. 19||Maui Economic Opportunity (Class 1 & 2)||8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.|
|Thu Dec. 20||Maui Economic Opportunity (Class 1 & 2)||8 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Fri Dec. 21||Maui Economic Opportunity (Class 1 & 2)||7 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.|
Donating Blood: Fast Facts
- Blood donations are critical. One in seven people entering the hospital in Hawaiʻi will need blood, but only a small fraction – about 2% – actually give it.
- 200 blood donations are needed every day in Hawaiʻi to maintain an adequate blood supply and fulfill Hawaiʻi’s needs.
- 1 pint can save 3 lives. Because each pint of whole blood is separated into three components – platelets, plasma, and red blood cells – one donation can help the lives of up to three people.
- Sign up to save lives today.
The general requirements to be a blood donor are simple:
- Be in good health
- Be 18 years of age or older (16-17 year-old donors with signed Blood Bank of Hawaiʻi parent/legal guardian consent)
- Weigh 110 pounds or more (Additional height/weight requirements apply for female donors 16-18 years old)
- Bring photo ID with date of birth
Follow Blood Bank of Hawaiʻi on social media for updates and info on blood drives near you: