Crime Statistics

Maui Police Continue Search for Man Wanted on Outstanding Felony Arrest Warrants

Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00

John Kahalehoe III “John Boy”

The Maui Police Department continues their search for John Kahalehoe III, who also goes by the name of “John Boy.” Authorities say he is wanted for several outstanding felony arrest warrants.

Kahalehoe is described as 27-years-old, 5 feet 6 inches tall, 150 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

The renewed call for assistance comes three months after police issued a notice seeking public help in locating Kahalehoe, saying that he was wanted on two warrants for allegations that included: second degree assault, first degree criminal property damage, fourth degree arson and unauthorized control of a propelled vehicle.  At the time, police said Kahalehoe was known to frequent the Nāhiku, Keʻanae and Hāna areas.


Maui Crime Stoppers reminds the public to consider all wanted persons as dangerous and advises the public not to approach, follow or take other action that could put them in danger.

If anyone has information about his whereabouts, they are asked to call Maui police at (808) 244-6400 or Maui Crime Stoppers at (808) 242-6966. Callers to Maui Crime Stoppers remain anonymous.

Maui Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards in the sum up to $1000 for information leading to the arrest and indictment of people responsible for felony crimes; the recovery of stolen property or seizure of illegal drugs in felony cases or the capture of felony fugitives.


Sponsored Content

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay in-the-know with daily or weekly
headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Make the most of your Maui vacation with these top-rated activities: Maui Top 20: Maui Visitor & Tourism Information


This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments