Maui Food Technology Center Hosts Online Webinar Series in December
Maui Food Technology Center’s online webinar series in December 2021 will feature industry experts providing helpful tips and resources to help you succeed in today’s marketplace. Three workshops will be offered on exporting to Japan, food safety and food labeling.
MFTC’s “Exporting to Japan Workshop” will be held on Friday, December 3, from 12pm to 1pm. In this workshop, Neal Arakaki, President of Jaxie Corporation, will share the ins and outs of exporting to Japan and what you’ll need in your business toolbox to break into this market. Topics will include:
- How to determine if your business is export capable or ready?
- What you need to know when participating in Japan trade shows?
- What are the latest food export regulations?
- How can you streamline logistics?
- What pricing strategies work for the Japan market?
Arakaki is an experienced contractor handling promotional projects for DBEDT and the Hawaii Department of Agriculture domestically and internationally. He has assisted over 40 Hawaii companies in developing export systems to Japan.
The “Food Safety Plan Workshop” will be held on Wednesday, December 8, from 1pm to 2pm. In this workshop, John Nakashima, RS, PCQI, Owner of Food Safety Services Hawai‘i, LLC; will share what goes into creating a sound food safety plan and how these efforts will protect not only you, but your customers. Topics will include:
- What type of food safety plan do you need for your business?
- What is HACCP vs FSMA and how do these programs impact you?
- What information is needed in a food safety plan?
- What are the pros and cons of DIY vs outsourcing?
Nakashima has over 30 years of experience as a food safety education specialist and trainer with the Hawaii Department of Health.
The “Food Labeling Workshop” will be held on Friday, December 10, from 9am to 10am. In this workshop, Nina Ann Tanabe, MS, CFS, Principal of Pacific Food Technology, LLC; will share the latest on food labeling and how this can be a game changer for food manufacturers. Topics will include:
- Who needs a food label?
- What products do these federal agencies (USDA, FDA and TTB) cover?
- What are FDA’s mandatory requirements for food labeling?
- What are the labeling deadlines for the USDA and FDA?
Tanabe has over 35 years of experience in the areas of product development, regulatory compliance, ingredient and equipment sourcing and specifications, lean manufacturing and plant layout.