Hawaiian higher education and career training program launches new culture-based courses
EA Ecoversity is launching three new series of interactive and fun, bi-lingual EA E-Learning courses starting in January 2023 – no previous Hawaiian language experience required.
All EA E-Learning courses are asynchronous, meaning you can learn anytime, anywhere there is WiFi and at your own pace.
EA stands for Education with Aloha since all learners are immersed in an atmosphere of aloha. Highly interactive and game-like, courses require about four hours per week over a six week period. However, all courses will be accessible throughout 2023, so learners can go back and review what they have learned.
- Aloha & Mahalo, the first course of the Nā Waiwai – Hawaiian Values Series opens on Jan. 16, 2023. This series introduces 10 foundational Hawaiian values that help learners live a happy, healthy and meaningful life.
- Hoʻomākaukau Kalo, the first course of the Hoʻomākaukau ʻAi – Hawaiian Food Preparation Series opens on Jan. 23, 2023. This hands-on course allows you to prepare delicious, healthy Hawaiian recipes in the comfort of your home, while being immersed in Hawaiian language.
- Papa & Wākea, the first course of the Moʻolelo Kahiko – Ancient Stories Series opens on Jan. 30, 2023. This course features traditional stories about Hawaiian akua (gods), their kinolau (bodyforms), their moʻokūʻauhau (genealogy) and more, using a bi-lingual format.
Introductory cost for EA E-Learning courses is $100 per course. Scholarships are available for those not able to afford tuition. Courses will be available free of charge for EA Ecoversity students.
Founded in 2020 by Kū-A-Kanaka, a native Hawaiian social enterprise headquartered in Hilo, EA Ecoversity provides free culture-based post-secondary education and career training for native Hawaiians ages 15-30 who want to perpetuate Hawaiian language, culture and traditions and contribute to island sustainability as they reach their highest potential.
“Education with Aloha, or EA is a research-based way of teaching that has empowered tens of thousands of Hawaiian youth over the past two decades,” according to a program announcement.
EA Ecoversity is part of the global Ecoversities Alliance committed to radically re-imagining higher education to cultivate human and ecological flourishing and transform the unsustainable and unjust economic, political and social systems/mindsets that dominate the planet. Like other ecoversities, EA Ecoversity reclaims the ancient knowledge, wisdoms and imaginations of ancestors to design new approaches to higher education, based on the premise that ancient is modern.
For more information about EA E-Learning Courses, EA Ecoversity, or Kū-A-Kanaka contact Naʻaiakalani Colburn at [email protected]
Find EA E-Leaning, EA Ecoversity and Kū-A-Kanaka LLC Online:
- Online at: https://www.kuakanaka.com/eaelearning
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eaecoversity
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kuakanaka/