Goodwill Hawaii is currently seeking applicants for positions available in our Mission Services Office! We are looking for Case Managers and a Supervisor! Plesae see details below for more information! To apply, click on the job title to be re-directed to our career page!
Full Time; Monday through Friday
$19-19.71/hour BOE with competitive benefits package
As an Employment Counselor you will provide Case Management, Employment Preparation Services, Job Placement and Job Retention Services to program. You will also counsel participants and prepare them for employment and ensures program participants are progressing towards the goals identified in the Individual Service Plan. We are looking for someone with great communication, can easily build rapport with individuals, and has a strong desire to help the community and those who are under privileged. If this sounds like you, apply now and start immediately!
• Maintains accurate and complete records for all program participants for the purpose of case files, reporting requirements, and monthly billing.
• Conducts outreach, intake, assessments, and orientations for the Reintegrating Individuals Program
• Collects, organizes and analyzes information about individuals through records, tests, interviews and professional sources to appraise participants’ interests, aptitudes, abilities and personality characteristics for vocational planning and/or employment placements.
• Compiles, studies, and provides occupational, educational and economic information to aid participants in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives.
• Develops individualized employment plans for participants that include appropriate goals and objectives relative to abilities, interests, experience, assessments, financial needs and labor market trends and updates as needed. Tracks participant progress to ensure continual progression towards their goals.
• Assists individuals to understand and overcome barriers to employment and determines the support services necessary to overcome these barriers.
• Conducts pre-employment training, ESL sessions, and job development services to program participants.
• Identify vocational training opportunities in the community. Refer and coordinate vocational training for participants as needed.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with business and industry in order to educate and advise regarding program services. Establish and maintains working relationships with local employers to promote the hiring of program participants.
• Provides job placement support services to assure job maintenance and retention.
• Assists participants in identifying other resources to enhance their opportunities for employment within the community and makes referrals as needed.
• Assist in Developing and updating pre-employment training materials and curriculum
• Ability to deal effectively with difficult and on occasion, irate participants.
• Bachelor’s Degree for a four-year college or university is preferred and
• One to two years related experience; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must have a current and valid driver's license
• Must have access to an insured vehicle with current safety check and registration
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Core hours are between 7:30am-4:30pm Monday through Friday; Travel may be required
Based on Experience with a Competitive Benefits Package
As a Program Coordinator, you would supervise and coordinate activities of the WIOA program to ensure the program meets all applicable requirements and contract goals. We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, extremely organized, can build rapport with staff and within the community, and who can lead and motivate a team to ensure contract goals are met.
-Assigns caseloads and related duties. Coordinates activities of staff in providing employment and case management services to assist program participants in obtaining gainful employment.
-Assists staff members through individual and group meetings in analyzing case problems and in meeting the goals of the program.
-Participates in developing and implementing agency administrative policy. Assures that all aspects of the program's contractual requirements are met.
-Counsels participants individually or in groups on planned or as needed basis and in emergencies.
-Trains new employees in areas such as agency policy, department procedures, and agency or government regulations.
-Represents agency in community, interagency activities and with funding sources.
-Plans, develops and oversees the implementation of program workshops.
-Attends state and agency supervisors meetings.
-Conducts monthly and quarterly audits of program caseload as prescribed by agency and program policy for quality assurance purposes.
-Ensures Director is briefed and advised of program and staffing issues and concerns.
-Monitors budget to stay within program guidelines.
-Provides experienced and competent leadership in carrying out the policies and procedures of the agency and the program through interagency and interoffice teamwork.
-Bachelor’s degree from accredited college and/or
-Three to five year’s related experience
-Prior supervisor/management experience
-Must be CPR/First Aid certified
-Must have a valid Hawaii driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
-Valid Hawaii driver’s license and clean traffic abstract
-Access to an insured vehicle with current registration
At Goodwill Hawaii our mission is simple, yet powerful, we help people with employment barriers reach their full potential and become self-sufficient. We are the third largest non-profit agency in Hawaii and our motivation is sustaining Hawaii’s community through the power of work. Last year we placed nearly 1,500 people into employment, resulting in $22 million in annual wages earned as a result of these job placements. Join the Goodwill Hawaii family and help strengthen our Hawaii community, one job at a time.
Goodwill Hawaii is committed to fully complying with all Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We also foster a drug-free work environment.