Unravel the secrets of Cancer with UH Experts
By Wendy Osher
The UH Cancer Center is hosting a free educational event on Maui on Tuesday, February 22. The event features a panel discussion with some of the world’s leading cancer experts as they share the role of genetics, nutrition and other factors in prevention. There will also be discussion on cutting edge research and treatments, as well as a question and answer session to follow.
Registration begins at 8 a.m. and the session running from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Paina Leis Family Class Act Restaurant. Due to limited space, those wishing to attend should confirm their attendance by emailing email@example.com or calling 808-441-7710.
This event is co-hosted by Maui resident and cancer survivor Earl Stoner, and Cordy MacLaughlin of UH Maui College.
The event, entitled, “New Frontiers: Unraveling Cancer in Hawai‘i” is part of a Neighbor Island outreach series hosted by the UH Cancer Center, with support from the Friends of the UH Cancer Center. Speakers will include:
- Dr. Michele Carbone, UH Cancer Center Director, international expert in thoracic oncology
- Dr. David Ward, leading authority on cancer and genetics
- Dr. Laurence Kolonel, renowned epidemiology scientist
- Dr. Shane Morita, surgical oncologist with research interests in melanoma
- Jennifer Spotts Mabellos, Maui resident, and breast cancer survivor