By David Kvasnicka
Final Update: Tsunami Advisory CANCELED.
UPDATE 11.15 a.m.: Most roads are open, except for:
Lower Waiehu Beach Road
South Kihei Rd from Kulanihakoi to Kaunoulu
Maui is still to officially hear the ‘all-clear’ from the County regarding the Tsunami Warning advisory, however the situation appears to have stabilized. Other Hawaiian islands, including Oahu, have been given the ‘all-clear.’
Flooding on Maui appears to be minor and isolated to roads by the shoreline in Kahului and flood-prone areas in Kihei. County Civil Defense has downgraded the situation to a Tsunami Advisory, but warns that hazards still remain and will continue for several hours.
The following roads are currently closed:
- Lower Waiehu Beach Road
- Kahului Beach Road (Kaahumanu to Waiehu Beach Rd)
- Lono Ave. (Kaahumanu to Kamehameha Ave.)
- Puunene (Kaahumanu to Kamehameha Ave.)
- Kaahumanu between (Wakea & Hana Hwy.)
- South Kihei Road (Kulanihakoi to Kaonoulu)
|0 Disqus Comments|