County Installing Many Solar Systems, Buying PowerMay 25, 2011, 11:46 AM HST (Updated May 25, 2011, 11:46 AM) · 0 Comments
By Sonia Isotov
Today, the County of Maui issued a Request for Proposals to furnish, deliver, install, operate, and maintain solar photovoltaic systems selling electricity to the county under a power purchase agreement to the Office of Economic Development of the County of Maui.
The scope of agreement under this Request for Proposals consists of 24 sites that will be awarded under two contracts that will allow for both large and small companies to participate. Facilities include police and fire stations, senior centers, and other county departments and facilities.
Bidders are required to submit a one page per-qualification questionnaire to Doug McLeod in the Office of Economic Development by June 20. This deadline is in advance of the June 29, 2011 due date for the proposal submission.
Follow the links below to download the 3 required documents for this solicitation: RFP documents (including Exhibit A), Attachment 1 with site specific information, and the Power Purchase Agreement that the proposer will have to sign. Find the documents online.
County government sites included in the solar installation project are:
- Lahaina Highways Baseyard
- Lanai Highways Baseyard
- Makawao Highways Baseyard
- Wailuku Highways Baseyard
- Kahului Fire Station
- Lahaina Fire Station
- Lanai Fire Station
- Wailea Fire Station
- Wailuku Fire Station
- Kahului Department of Water Supply Baseyard
- Kamole Water Treatment Facility
- Lahaina Water Treatment Facility
- Mahinahina Water Treatment Facility
- Kahului Wastewater Pumping Station and Baseyard
- Kahului Wastewater Treatment Facility
- Kihei Wastewater Treatment Facility
- Lahaina Wastewater Treatment Facility
- Lahaina Police Station
- Lanai Police Station
- Kaunoa Senior Center
- West Maui Senior Center
- Eddie Tam Memorial Center
- Lahaina Civic Center
- Kihei Aquatics Center