By Wendy Osher
There were a total of six vehicle break-ins reported on Maui over a seven day period between December 11 and 17, 2011.
There were two incidents in Kahului, and one incident each in Haiku, Makawao, Paia and Wailea.
Types of vehicles involved in the various island incidents included: a Ford Ranger, Dodge Charger, Mazda sedan, Lincoln Navigator, Jeep Wrangler, and Ford Mustang.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Monday, 12/12/11, 7:50 a.m.: Kaupakalua Road at Hanzawa Store. 1990 White Ford Ranger.
- Sunday, 12/11/11, 1:10 p.m.: East Kaahumanu Avenue near Subway at the Maui Mall. 2009 blue Dodge Charger.
- Wednesday, 12/14/11, 10 p.m.: Kaahumanu Avenue a the Queen Kaahumanu Shopping Center. 2004 Silver Mazda four-door sedan.
- Wednesday, 12/14/11, 10:30 p.m.: Kapuahi Street. 2007 Gray Lincoln Navigator.
- Tuesday, 12/13/11, 1:58 p.m.: Hana Highway at Hookipa Beach Park. 2011 Red Jeep Wrangler.
- Sunday, 12/11/11, 2:37 p.m.: Wailea Alanui Drive at the Shops at Wailea. 2010 White Ford Mustang.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.