9 Vehicle Break-ins on Maui Mar. 4 to 10, 2012
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 9 vehicle break-ins reported on Maui over a seven day period between March 4 and 10, 2012.
The incidents included three break-ins in Lahaina, and various other incidents across the island. The break-ins involved (3) Jeep and (3) Nissan vehicles, as well as (1) backhoe, (1) Chevy, and (1) Dodge.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Saturday, March 10, 2012, 1:30 p.m.: Hana Highway at Maikamoi Ridge. 2011 Silver Nissan Sentra.
- Friday, March 9, 2012, 7:20 p.m.: Kele Street at Krispy Kreme. 2012 Silver Jeep four-door station wagon.
- Thursday, March 8, 2012, 9:08 p.m.: South Kihei Road at the Maui Beach Resort. 2011 Silver Nissan four-door sedan.
- Friday, March 9, 2012, 4 p.m.: Near the Kenui/Wainee Street intersection. Yellow JI Casae Co. Construction King Case 580 Backhoe.
- Friday, March 9, 2012, 4 p.m.: Near the Front/Prison Street intersection at the public parking lot. 2011 Red Chevy four-door sedan.
- Saturday, March 10, 2012, 1:30 p.m.: Dickenson Street at the Baldwin House. 2011 Blue Nissan Altima.
- Thursday, March 8, 2012, 12 p.m.: Maalaea Road at the Maui Ocean Center parking lot. 2011 Green Jeep Wrangler.
- Sunday, March 4, 2012, 12:30 p.m.: Makena Road. 2012 Silver Jeep multi-purpose vehicle.
- Sunday, March 4, 2012, 6:28 p.m.: Hana Highway at the Paia Garden. 2011 White Dodge Caravan.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.