By Wendy Osher
House and Senate Military Affairs Committees will host a joint informational briefing to discuss the economic impact of sequestration and across-the-board federal cuts on the Armed Forces in Hawai’i.
“The military is an integral part of our community in Hawaii and it goes without saying that what impacts our Armed Forces will affect all of our citizens,” said Representative K. Mark Takai, Chairman of the House Committee on Veterans.
“The country’s Defense Department will be hit particularly hard by sequestration and we need to have as much information as we can get to prepare for and deal with this critical issue.” said Rep. Takai.
The House Committee on Veterans, Military & International Affairs, & Culture and the Arts and the Senate Committee on Public Safety, Intergovernmental and Military Affairs Informational will host the hearing at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at the State Capitol.
During the briefing, the group will hear from military and defense contractors.
The following individuals, or their representatives, have been invited to participate:
- Admiral Samuel Locklear, United States Pacific Command
- General Herbert Carlisle, United States Pacific Air Forces
- Admiral Cecil Haney, United States Pacific Fleet
- Lieutenant General Francis Wiercinski, United States Army Pacific
- Lieutenant General Terry Robling, United States Marine Forces Pacific
- Rear Admiral Charles Ray, United States Coast Guard, District Fourteen
- Major General Darryll Wong, Hawaii State Department of Defense
The Committees will also hear from the following invited defense contractors, or their representatives:
- Alan Hayashi, BAE
- Bill Ryzewic, BAE Shipyard
- Ben Nakaoka, Navatek
|0 Disqus Comments|