Parks Repairs and Closures Announced for Central, South MauiMay 28, 2014, 11:13 AM HST · Updated May 28, 12:10 PM 0 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
The Maui Department of Parks and Recreation today announced restroom and playground repairs at five parks in Central and South Maui.
County officials say the repairs are part of the department’s county-wide maintenance program to repair aging park restrooms, facilities and recreational equipment.
Department officials released a list of the following repairs and related closures:
- Restrooms at the War Memorial Little League Field: The restrooms were closed on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 and are expected to reopen by June 26, 2014. The repairs are being made in preparation for two upcoming events: the State Pony League Tournament in late June and the State Senior Softball Tournament in August.
- First Entrance restrooms at Kanahā Beach Park: will undergo repairs beginning Monday, June 2, 2014. The restrooms are expected to reopen on Wednesday, July 2, 2014. The project includes plumbing fixture replacements, painting and general repair work.
- Third Entrance restrooms at Kanahā Beach Park: have been under repair and are expected to reopen on Monday, June 2, 2014.
- “Keyhole” entrance at Kanahā Beach Park: will be closed from June 2 to 6, 2014 while sand is relocated as part of a coastal dune restoration project at the park.
- Restrooms at Paukūkalo Park: will undergo repairs beginning Monday, June 2, 2014. The restrooms are expected to reopen on Wednesday, July 2, 2014. The project includes plumbing fixture replacements, painting and general repair work.
- South Maui Community Park Playground: will be closed for repairs from June 17 to 21, 2014. A partial closure of the whale playground feature will remain in effect through June 30, 2014 while the structure undergoes extensive repairs.