Made in Maui County Festival Offers Free ParkingNovember 5, 2015, 11:04 AM HST (Updated November 13, 2015, 11:31 AM) · 0 Comments
The Mayor’s Office of Economic Development today announced that all parking is free for the Second Annual Made in Maui County Festival on Saturday, Nov. 7.
Changes have also been made to help alleviate the traffic congestion experienced during last year’s inaugural event.
Changes to this year’s traffic and parking plan include:
- Attendees should assume the UH Maui College paved lot will be full until the Swap Meet is over; proceed directly to the grass parking lot during Swap Meet hours;
- The MACC parking lot is available until it is posted full; however, seniors and handicapped persons may be dropped off in front of The MACC’s main gate, even after the lot is full;
- Additional handicap parking at The MACC has been added and will be coned off;
- All cars exiting from the UHMC grass parking lot will be directed out to Ka‘ahumanu Avenue to alleviate congestion on Wahinepio Ave.;
- Additional off-duty police officers will help direct traffic; this year, eight officers will be present;
- Additional parking signage has been posted along Wahinepio Avenue and additional traffic direction will help improve traffic flow into the grass parking lot at UHMC.
The festival will be open Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 pm. Public admission is $5 at the gate; children 12 and under will be admitted at no charge.
Saturday’s festivities will include demonstrations, a fashion show, over 12 food trucks, and prize drawings throughout the day. The first 2,000 attendees will receive a free festival tote bag.
Serious shoppers who want a one-day head start can purchase tickets for a special “Shoppers Preview” to be held on Friday, Nov. 6 from 2 to 6 p.m. Attendees will enjoy the festival’s opening ceremonies at approximately 5 p.m. in the Yokouchi Pavilion. Light refreshments will be served. Attendees will also receive a free festival tote bag. Cost is $35 per person; tickets are limited. Tickets may be purchased at the MACC Box Office, (808) 242-SHOW (7469), or www.MauiArts.org. Parking is available in The MACC parking lot and at UHMC.
LINKS TO RELATED MAUI NOW STORIES
Made In Maui County Festival Set for Nov. 6 & 7
Bigger Plans for 2nd Annual Made in Maui County Festival
Made in Maui County Festival Preview Tickets on Sale
First Round of Made in Maui County Festival Vendors Announced
Made in Maui County Festival Encourages Community Support