Minor Damage in Kitchen Fire at Wendy’s Kahului

December 4, 2013, 9:17 AM HST · Updated December 4, 9:19 AM
0 Comments
×

Wendy's Kahului. Photo by Wendy Osher.

Wendy’s Kahului. Photo by Wendy Osher.

By Wendy Osher

An early morning kitchen fire caused an estimated $500 in damage at the Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers restaurant in Kahului.

The incident was reported at 12:28 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013 at the Wendy’s restaurant located at 349 East Kamehameha Avenue.

Fire crews from Engine 10 out of Kahului arrived on scene to find a gas line connected to a stove involved in fire, according to department reports.

SPONSORED VIDEO

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire within five minutes of arrival by utilizing a fire extinguisher, said Maui Fire Services Chief Lee Mainaga.

According to Mainaga, the seven employees working at the time were evacuated prior to the arrival of firefighters on scene.

No injuries were reported, and the fire was contained to the stove area.

Print

Share this Article

    View Categories
    Promote Your Maui Business for Free Add Your Listing

    Weekly Newsletter

    ARTICLE COMMENTS ( 0 )
    This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion.

    I Understand, Show Comments