Waikapū Area School Attendance Boundary Community MeetingFebruary 5, 2016, 2:01 PM HST · Updated February 5, 2:01 PM 1 Comment
The Hawaiʻi State Department of Education Maui District Office will conduct a community meeting to provide information on school attendance boundaries for Maui Waena Intermediate, ʻĪao Intermediate, Baldwin High and Maui High Schools.
The meeting will be held on Thursday, Feb. 18, 2016 at 6 p.m. at the Puʻu Kukui Elementary School Library.
The Maui District Office has identified possible adjustments to intermediate and high school attendance boundaries including the following:
• Align Puʻu Kukui Elementary school attendance boundaries with ʻĪao Intermediate and Baldwin High School boundaries;
• Allow all Puʻu Kukui students to attend ʻĪao Intermediate and Baldwin High with their peers.
• Balance school enrollment;
• Consider facilities capacity;
• Consider projected enrollment, including planned residential development;
• Consider geographically compact, proximity and transportation time.
The public is invited to attend this community meeting on intermediate and high school boundary adjustments for the Waikapū area of Central Maui.
The intent of the meeting is to provide information, receive community feedback and answer questions regarding the proposed changes. School attendance boundary maps and comment forms will be available at the meeting.
The community is also invited to visit the a survey website set up by the Department of Education to offer feedback to the district.