Paddles Surf Events Get Green LightMarch 16, 2020, 1:59 PM HST · Updated March 16, 2:10 PM 0 Comments
As of today, all Association of Paddlesurf Professionals World Tour events are moving ahead as planned, the APP announced today.
However, APP representatives say they are “closely” monitoring the coronavirus pandemic that has prompted the cancellation of many other events worldwide.
“Our top priority is the health and safety of our athletes, staff and the communities we come into contact with through the Tour, so we are watching all developments closely and meeting as a team several times weekly to discuss actions and implications for the 2020 Tour,” an announcement from the APP read.
“…we will update on this by the end of the week as things develop, as the situation, particularly in Europe, is intensifying quickly.”
Here is a list of the upcoming racing events:
- Pornichet, France (Distance & Sprints): June 26 to 28
- Maui, Hawaiʻi (Downwind Distance): July 12 to 18
- Osaka, Japan (Distance & Sprints): Sept. 25 to 27
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Surf Sprints): Nov. 28 to 29
- Paris, France (Distance & Sprints): Dec. 4 to 6
Below is a list of upcoming surfing events:
- Portugal: Oct. 4 to 10
- Barbados: Nov. 10 to 15
- Gran Canaria: Nov. 24 to Dec. 1
For more information, contact [email protected].