State Issues Cease and Desist Against Premiere Mortgage
By Sonia Isotov
Kathleen Patricia Morris and Herman-Morris Enterprises’ dba Hawaii’s Premiere Mortgage Company were today issued an immediate temporary cease and desist order by the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs Division of Financial Institutions.
Iris Ikeda-Catalani, the commissioner of financial institutions for the state of Hawaii, ordered the woman and her company to cease operating as a mortgage loan originator and a mortgage loan originator company on suspicion of violating Hawaii law.
In the announcement, the Division of Financial Institutions alleged Morris and her company were:
- Originating a mortgage loan in a consumer’s name without their authorization
- Receiving payoffs of mortgage loans and not remitting the payoff amounts to the lenders
- Attempting to solicit a complainant with a payment to withdraw his complaint against the licensees
- Using a trade name without properly notifying the commissioner of the name
- Failing to update the financial disclosure pursuant to changes in financial status; and
- Failing to notify the commissioner about a revocation of a previous license.
The announcement said that Morris is also known by the following names: aka Kathleen P. Morris, aka Patricia Morris, aka Tricia Morris, aka Trish Schaberg, aka Tricia Schaberg, aka Patricia K. Morris, aka Kathleen K Herman, aka Patricia Kathleen Herman, aka K. P. Morris, aka Kathleen P. Morris, aka Tricia K. Morris, aka Tricia NMN Morris, aka Tricia P. Morris, aka Patricia Kathleen Morris.
Herman-Morris Enterprises Inc. also does business as: dba Hawaii’s Premier Mortgage Co., dba Hawaii’s Premiere Mortgage Co., dba Lemurian Interiors & Development, dba Nature’s Treasures of Maui.
An administrative hearing on the immediate temporary cease and desist order will be held on May 29 on Oahu.