PHOTOS/VIDEO: COVID-19 Testing on Maui Draws Heavy ResponseApril 9, 2020, 2:19 PM HST · Updated April 9, 2:19 PM 0 Comments
The Kahului Drive Through Testing site that opened at 8 a.m. this morning at Keopuolani Park. It drew an estimated 300+ people who were already in line upon opening. Some who attended the testing tell us they waited in line for approximately two hours to get tested.
The first two hours of the clinic, between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., are specifically reserved for healthcare workers and first responders. The clinic was set up on the heels of a confirmed cluster of 15 workers with Maui Health that tested positive for COVID-19.
A similar clinic will take place in the East Maui community of Hāna on Friday, April 10, 2020 starting at 8 a.m. Details below:
Testing for Hāna will take place on FRIDAY, April 10
- Drive through testing for COVID-19 is scheduled for Hāna residents on Friday, April 10 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Testing for the general public in Hāna begins at 9 a.m.
- The FIRST HOUR of testing between 8 and 9 a.m. is dedicated to essential workers of Hāna (including police, fire medics, Hāna Health Clinic personnel, MEO drivers and others.
- After first responders, the highest priority is to make sure for those who have traveled outside of Hāna in the past 2-3 weeks are tested. Mayor Victiroino said individuals who live in three generation households will also be given priority for testing in the Hāna area.
- Testing is a joint effort with the County of Maui and Dr. Scott Miscovich of Premier Medical Group.
According to Premier Medical Group, priority for testing will be given to those who are:
- Have symptoms
- Have traveled outside of Hana within the last 2-3 weeks
- Live in 3-generation households.
- All participants are asked to:
- Remain in their vehicles
- Bring a valid ID
- Be prepared to fill out informational sheets
- Bring an insurance card if possible (however, there will be no charge, co-pays or deductible fees)