Hawai‘i Coronavirus Total Now 619 (1 New Case): Maui Total is 116May 1, 2020, 1:29 PM HST · Updated May 1, 1:29 PM 29 Comments
As of noon on Friday, May 1, 2020, there are 619 cases of COVID-19 identified in Hawaiʻi with 1 new case on Oʻahu.
To date, 532 people have recovered including 84 in Maui County.
The total new cases include:
- 1 new case on Oʻahu for a total of 400 confirmed positive,
- 0 new cases in Maui County for a total of 116 confirmed positive,
- 0 new cases on Hawaiʻi Island for a total of 73 confirmed positive; and
- 0 new cases on Kauaʻi for a total of 21 confirmed positive.
- 0 new case of a Hawaiʻi resident who were diagnosed outside of Hawaiʻi for a total of 9 confirmed positive.
- 0 pending cases, where the island of residency has not been determined, which remains unchanged from yesterday’s count.
The Hawaiʻi State Department of Health reports that there were 532 individuals released from isolation; and 72 cases that have required hospitalization.
Maui County’s count remained unchanged at 116 confirmed positive. Of the 116 cases in Maui County, at least 84 have been released from isolation, and 16 have required hospitalization.
To date, there have been 16 COVID-19 related deaths in Hawaiʻi, including 11 on Oʻahu and 5 in Maui County.
Scroll Down to Read 29 Comments