By Wendy Osher
The Maui Arts & Cultural Center released a set of guidelines for those planning to attend the upcoming Elton John Concerts next week Thursday and Friday. Concert officials say its best to go early and avoid the rush for parking.
Parking: Parking spaces at the MACC and UH Maui College parking lots have already been pre-sold for $25 and $15 respectively. In the event there are additional spaces at either lot on concert night, parking will be available for cash purchase only.
There will be day of show parking available at the UHMC drive-in field and at Keopulani Park (which will be closed to the public) for $15 cash.
Parking for individuals with disabilities will be available in both the MACC and UHMC lots at the above rates on a first come, first served basis.
Parking lots open at 3 p.m. on each show day.
Location and Time: Thursday, February 24 and Friday, February 25 at 7 p.m. in A&B Amphitheater, inaugurating the Yokouchi Pavilion stage. Gates to the concert area will open at 6 pm on Thursday and at 5:30 pm on Friday. The Events Lawn F&B court opens at 4 pm on both nights.
Ticket Pick-up: Pick up your tickets from the MACC Box Office at Will-Call. Concert goers are urged to pick up tickets now or anytime prior to the concerts. (MACC Box Office is open Monday – Saturday from 10am to 6pm)
Food Options: MACC’s Events Lawn will be open at 4 pm with food, beverages and Elton John merchandise available for purchase. Prepared food, bottled water, soft drinks, beer and wine will be available for purchase. All food and beverage purchases will require scrip which can be purchased at various locations with cash; vendors will not accept cash or credit cards. Food prices range from $2 to $12, soft drinks cost $2, premium beers and wines cost $7.
Food Vendors on Thursday, Feb. 24
- 808 Deli (fish chowder, salads)
- Alexander’s Fish (salmon burger, seafood won-tons, fish and chicken plates)
- Cold Stone Creamery (ice cream cups and waffle cones)
- Flatbread & Company (variety of flatbread-pizzas)
- Food for the Soul (hummus, tapas, sparerib plates and veggie pasta)
- Maui Macaroons (desserts, candy, coffee and tea)
- Premium beer and wine, soft drinks
Food Vendors on Friday, Feb. 25
- Cake Bakery (desserts, cookies, coffee and tea)
- Kobehana of Maui (teriyaki chicken, shrimp, prime rib and veggie plates)
- Maui Kazowie Kettlecorn (bags of kettlecorn)
- Maui Tacos (variety of wraps, burrito and tamale plate)
- Rodeo General Store (green salad, ahi cake, sandwiches)
- Who Cut the Cheese (meatloaf/mac and cheese/salad plate; fruit-cheese plate)
- Premium beer and wine, soft drinks
Bring I.D. / Alcohol Purchases: All adults 21 years of age and over with government-issued photo ID will receive a wrist-band upon admission. The wrist-band will distinguish adults from minors for alcohol control purposes. Please bring your ID; wrist-bands will be issued to adults 21 years and older for those who plan to drink alcoholic beverages. Beer and wine will be available for purchase only by adults wearing wrist-bands.
Merchandise for Sale: A full selection of Elton John merchandise will be available for purchase. Merchandise vendors will accept cash and credit cards – sorry, no checks.
What you can and can not bring: For everyone’s safety, no strollers, umbrellas, beach chairs or anything with a hard frame will be permitted in the venue, nor back-packs, tote bags or coolers, cans, bottles (except plastic water bottles), flying discs or potential projectiles. Cameras, recording devices and weapons are strictly prohibited. If found, you will be asked to return them to your vehicle. No illegal drugs or paraphernalia will be allowed. If found, they will be confiscated. The MACC is a non-smoking facility.