Hana Hou For Restaurant Week WaileaNovember 3, 2011, 7:58 PM HST (Updated November 7, 2011, 9:38 AM) · 0 Comments
Restaurant Week Wailea is back by popular demand and will include as many as 16 participating Wailea Resort restaurants. Restaurant Week Wailea will begin on Sunday, November 6 and conclude on Saturday, November 12.
Participating Wailea restaurants have created three-course menus which will be sold at $29, $39, or $49 per person. Each restaurant has agreed to make a contribution to the Maui Food Bank with every pre-fixe entree sold during the week-long event.
Restaurant Week is also a helpful promotion for participating restaurants. After the restaurants’ success in business and in profits for the Maui Food Bank at the last Restaurant Week in May 2011, they decided it was time for another encore.
MENU OPTIONS (*Sample item from each 3 course menu)
$49 Menus available at:
- Capische? *“Capische” Carbonara (house-made pasta, house cured pancetta, Wailea Organics grown basil).
- Humuhumunukunukuapua’a *Black Lava Tisane Crusted jumbo tiger prawns, smoked black tea, Grand Wailea Rooftop Honey & spaghetti squash, sake-ginger beurre rouge.
- KAI Wailea *Temari Sushi 3 pc. (Hawaiian Tuna, Japanese Yellowtail, local Snapper).
- Nick’s Fishmarket Maui *Potato “scaled” Mahi Mahi, potato puree, cabernet beurre rouge, white truffle oil, asparagus.
$39 Menus available at:
- DUO Steak and Seafood * braised beef Sshort rib, stir fried vegetables, potato puree.
- Gannon’s *Pallard of Chicken with Tomato, Eggplant, Goat Cheese, Arugula Salad, Pine Nuts.
- Kō – Plantation Inspired Cuisine *Wailua Estate Chocolate Baked Custard.
- Longhi’s Wailea *Lobster Cannelloni, Maine lobster, ricotta cheese, fresh pasta, béchamel sauce.
- Mala Wailea *Seared Ahi Bruschetta, served on Flax Seed Toast with Tomatoes, Edamame Puree, 20 year old Balsamic Vinegar.
- Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman *Wood –Roasted baby Back Ribs, dry rub, mango bbq sauce.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House * Louisiana Gumbo.
- Tommy Bahama’s Restaurant & Bar *Hawaiian Water “Catch of the Day,” grilled with baby bok choy, Alii mushrooms, Molokai sweet mashed potatoes, mango butter sauce, topped with mango salsa.
$29 Menus available at:
- Joe’s in Wailea *Chicken & Waffles, buttermilk battered, lightly fried, butternut squash corn sauté, chipotle honey sauce.
- Matteo’s *Crab puttanesca, tagliatelle pasta, jumbo lump crab, capers, olives, spicy tomato sauce.
- Mulligan’s on the Blue *Guinness Irish stew.
- Pita Paradise Wailea Bistro *Spinach tiropitas, caramelized onion, feta mozzarella, spinach, philo, tatziki
No tickets, passes or special invitations needed, simply dine out at participating restaurants listed above, though reservations strongly recommended. For information and menus visit www.wailearesortassociation.com .