By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 17 vehicle break-ins reported on Maui over a seven day period between January 8 to 14, 2012.
Five of the incidents were in Kahului, with two mid-day thefts from the parking lot fronting 24-hour Fitness.
The type of vehicles targeted in the break-ins included three Toyota Tacomas, three Dodge Chargers, and a variety of other vehicles.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Saturday, 1/14/12, 4:30 p.m.: Awalau road. 2005 White Acura, TSX.
- Monday, 1/9/12, 2 p.m.: Pakaula Street at Home Depot. 2011 Silver Chevy Cavalier.
- Wednesday, 1/11/12, 6 p.m.: Haleakala Highway at the Costco parking lot. 2010 Red Dodge Charger.
- Thursday, 1/12/12, 12 p.m.: Hana Highway at 25 Hour Fitness. 2010 Blue Dodge Charger.
- Sunday, 1/8/12, 5 p.m.: Hina Avenue at Hale Mahaolu Elua. 1996 Brown Toyota Camry.
- Friday, 1/13/12, 11:30 a.m.: Hana Highway at the parking lot fronting 24 Hour Fitness. 2003 Silver Toyota Tacoma.
- Sunday, 1/8/12, 10:30 p.m.: Wainohia Street. 1998 Green Acura Integra.
- Wednesday, 1/11/12, 5:30 p.m.: North Kihei Road at the Boardwalk. 2002 Blue Ford Ranger.
- Wednesday, 1/11/12, 4:46 p.m.: Kula Highway at St. Johns Church. 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler.
- Sunday, 1/8/12, 1:40 p.m.: Limahana Place at the 24 Hour Laundromat . 1999 Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara.
- Tuesday, 1/10/12, 6:20 a.m.: Maalaea Road at the Maui Ocean Center. 2010 Red Dodge Charger.
- Wednesday, 1/11/12, 12:55 p.m.: Near the Kealakai/Nonohe Place intersection at Baby Beach. 2000 White Isuzu Trooper.
- Wednesday, 1/11/12, 5 p.m.: Makena Road at La Perouse Bay. 2011 Black Ford Ltd.
- Thursday, 1/12/12, 3:24 p.m.: Wailea Alanui Drive at the Marriott Wailea. 2006 Black Nissan Sentra.
- Monday, 1/9/12, 6:30 a.m.: Mahalani Street at the Maui Memorial Medical Center. 2003 Black Toyota Tacoma.
- Tuesday, 1/10/12, 3:30 p.m.: Waiale Road. 1994 White Toyota Tacoma.
- Friday, 1/13/12, 12 p.m.: Lower Main Street at the Steel Horse Saloon. 2005 Light Blue Scion.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.
|Sign Up To Our Weekly Newsletter||
1 Disqus Comment