2012 Mayor’s Small Business Awards AnnouncedMarch 30, 2012, 4:46 PM HST (Updated April 2, 2012, 9:35 AM) · 0 Comments
By Sonia Isotov
Last night, Mayor Alan Arakawa in conjunction with the Maui Chamber of Commerce presented the 2012 Mayor’s Small Business Awards at the King Kamehameha Golf Club Waikapu Ballroom.
“Small business is Maui County’s most important economic engine, and we should never forget the sacrifices that business owners make every day to keep their businesses operating,” said Mayor Arakawa.
“They take on risk, work long hours, and put their personal assets on the line while providing jobs, services and goods to our community. We are fortunate to have such a strong small business community in Maui County and are privileged to honor them.”
The winners in each category are as follows:
- Young Small Business Person of the Year – Josh Jerman (The Wailea Group, LLC)
- Exceptional Small Business (10 or fewer employees) – Joe Rossi (Maui Babe, Inc.)
- Exceptional Small Business (11-25 employees) – Grant Schule & Emanuela Vinciguera (Kumu Farms)
- Exceptional Small Business (26-50 employees) – Les Tomita & Mariah Brown (Da Kitchen)
- Outstanding Non-Profit Business – The Maui Food Bank
- Lifetime Achievement Award – John B. Guard, III & Susan Guard (The Pet Shop, Inc.)
Co-sponsors of the event are the Maui Chamber of Commerce, Tanaka Engineers, Inc., Central Pacific Bank, First Hawaiian Bank, Araki-Regan & Associates, Muneyiko & Hiraga, SCORE, and VIP Food Service.