By Wendy Osher
All four people aboard a small plane are uninjured after the aircraft they were in made an emergency landing in a residential area of Waiehu, Maui, on Father’s Day.
Authorities say crews responded to the report at around 5:38 p.m. on Sunday, June 16,2 013, in an area makai of Lower Waiehu Beach Road.
Firefighters from Wailuku made contact with the pilot upon arrival, who informed them that everyone on board was safe and uninjured, said Maui Fire Services Chief Lee Mainaga.
The plane landed approximately 50-yards from the shoreline in an area of brush, said FS Chief Maianaga.
Authorities say the all individuals aboard the craft were male.
The incident remains under investigation.
- FAA Releases Preliminary Report in Emergency Landing on Maui
- Loss of Engine Power Implicated in Waiehu Emergency Landing
- FAA: Plane “Lost Engine Power” Before Landing on Maui Highway
- VIDEO/PHOTOS: Small Plane Lands on Maui’s Piʻilani Highway
- PHOTOS: 40-Foot Tree Falls Forcing Closure of Kilohana Park