6 Maui officers honored in fight against Drunk DrivingMay 6, 2010, 6:54 AM HST · Updated May 6, 6:57 AM 0 Comments
Six Maui police officers were honored for their work in contributing to the fight against Drunk driving. Mothers Against Drunk Driving issued the awards at their 18th annual youth and Law enforcement ceremony held this week.
Investigators with the Juvenile Crime Prevention Division on Maui were honored with the agency’s Unit Award. The Unit was represented by Assistant Police Chief Sydney Kikuchi and Sgt. David Silva.
MPD officers honored included:
- Officers Dennis Arnds, District 1, 40 DUI arrests
- Officer Kirk Pyland, District 2, 4 arrests
- Officer Jeffrey Platt, District 3, 1 arrest
- Officer Matthew Bigoss, District 4, 13 arrests
- Officer Rusty Lawson, District 5, 28 arrests
- Officer William Melton, District 6, 14 arrests
Winners are presented with special perpetual Youth and Law Enforcement plaques during a luncheon at The Pacific Club in Honolulu. Special consideration is given to youth demonstrating leadership and commitment to MADD’s mission to prevent underage drinking and law enforcement individuals or departments that created an innovative approach or unique enforcement strategy with a positive impact from January 1, 2009–December 31, 2009.
(Posted by Wendy Osher)