Malaihi Road Brush Fire Burns Half Acre
By Wendy Osher
A small brush fire came within 30 feet of neighboring structures off Malaihi Road in Wailuku last night.
The half-acre fire was sparked by an over-heating lawnmower, according to a Maui Fire Department incident report.
The brush fire was reported shortly after 6:30 p.m. and was brought under control within a half hour. The blaze was extinguished at 7:54 p.m.
Responding to the incident at 1299 Malaihi Road were: Engine 1 from Wailuku, Engine 10 from Kahului, and Tanker 10.
No damages or injuries were reported.