11 Maui Burglaries Reported Oct. 23-29, 2011
By Wendy Osher
Maui police responded to 11 residential burglaries in the last week of October, from the 23rd to 29th.
The incidents included three cases in Kahului, and once case each in Haiku, Kihei, Kula, Lanai, Makawao, Napili, Paia, and Wailea.
The complete list of locations affected and times in which the incidents occurred are as follows:
- Sunday, 10/23/11 at 10 p.m.: North Holokai Road, unlawful entry
- Sunday, 10/23/11, 1 a.m.: Hoowehi Place at the Maui Legends, unlawful entry
- Thursday, 10/27/11, 3:40 a.m.: Pona Way, forced entry
- Wednesday, 10/26/11, 2 p.m. Kaimana Place, unlawful entry
- Thursday, 10/27/11, 3:30 p.m.: South Kihei Road at the Paradise Gardens apartments, unlawful entry
- Friday, 10/28/11 6:08 p.m.: Hoopalua Drive, Second Kula 200 subdivision, forced entry
- Friday, 10/28/11, 6:30 p.m.: Lanai Avenue, forced entry
- Tuesday, 10/25/11, 4:09 p.m.: Makawao Ave. , near the fiberglass hoses, forced entry
- Thursday, 10/27/11, 10:20 a.m.: Lower Honoapiilani Road at Hale Ono Loa Conominiums, unlawful entry
- Monday, 10/24/11, 3:33 p.m.: Hana Highway, Haiku side of mile post 10 in Maliko, unlawful entry
- Sunday, 10/23/11, 1:53 p.m.: Wailea Ike Place, at the Grand Champion Building 2, Unit 14. unlawful entry
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.