Vehicles Break-ins on Maui Oct. 30 to Nov. 5, 2011
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 6 vehicle break-ins on Maui over a seven day period between October 30 and November 5, 2011.
The incidents were spread over different areas of the island, with the no concentration in any particular area.
Types of vehicles involved included two Ford Rangers, a Ford Festiva, Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler mini van, and Dodge Charger.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Saturday, 11/5/11, 5:50 p.m., Hana Highway (Hwy 360) at Twin Falls. 2011 White Ford Festiva
- Thursday, 11/1/11, 12 p.m.: Nohea Kai Drive at the Hyatt Regency. 2011 Green Jeep Wrangler
- Thursday, 11/3/11, 4:20 p.m.: Kaahumanu Avenue at the Queen Kaahumanu Shopping Center. 2001 White Ford Ranger
- Thursday, 11/3/11, 8:30 a.m.: near the Lahilahi Place and Puunoa Place intersection, at the beach access on Puunoa Place. 1993 Red Ford Ranger
- Friday, 11/4/11, 4:19 p.m.: Near the Hana Highway, Stable road intersection at the sand beach parking off of Stable Road. 2005 Silver Chrysler Town and Country Mini Van
- Sunday, 10/30/11, 3:03 p.m.: Honoapiilani Highway at the Maui Tropical Plantation. 2010 Gray Dodge Charger
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.