Vehicles Thefts on Maui Oct. 30 to Nov. 5, 2011
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 8 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between October 30 and November 5, 2011.
Two of the incidents were reported at 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 3, 2011 on different sides of the island: a Toyota Tacoma was stolen from Manino Circle in Kihei; and a Mercedes Monterey was stolen from Lower Waiehu Beach Road in Waiehu. Both vehicles have since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Saturday, 11/5/11, 8:21 a.m.: Apapane Place. 2007 Gray Ford Ranger, MRG793
- Friday, 11/4/11, 10:30 a.m.: Alamaha Street, fronting Jack’s Inn. 2007 White Honda Ridgeline, MRH613
- RECOVERED: stolen 2007 Blue Toyota Tacoma, taken on Thursday, 11/3/11, 8:30 p.m. from Manino Circle at the Piilani Gardens.
- Wednesday, 11/2/11, 8:50 a.m.: Kenui Street at Hale Ohana, sub-level parking lot. 1990 Gray Mazda sport truck, MYP959
- Monday, 10/31, 11, 6 p.m.: Kaumalapau Highway near Manele Road at Mile post 7. Yellow Moped, VIN# LYDTCBPC2B1501505
- Wednesday, 11/2/11, 9:37 p.m.: 1500 block of Baldwin Avenue. 2001 Blue and Green Ford Windstar, MHW502.
- Thursday, 11/1/11, 1:30 p.m.: Lower Honoapiilani Road, at Kahana Villa. 2010 White Dael Motor USA Moped. VIN# KMYSE4039AC011814
- RECOVERED: stolen 1998 Red Mercedes Monterey, taken Thursday, 11/3/11, 8:30 p.m. from Lower Waiehu Beach Road.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.