Hawaii-Based Marine Casualties IdentifiedJanuary 23, 2012, 8:07 AM HST · Updated January 23, 8:12 AM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
The identities of the six Hawaii-based marines killed in a helicopter crash in southern Afghanistan has since been released.
The Department of Defense say the Marines killed included:
- Capt. Daniel B. Bartle, 27, of Ferndale, Wash.
- Capt. Nathan R. McHone, 29, of Crystal Lake, Ill.
- MSgt. Travis W. Riddick, 40, of Centerville, Iowa.
- Cpl. Jesse W. Stites, 23, of North Beach, Md.
- Cpl. Kevin J. Reinhard, 25, of Colonia, N.J.
- Cpl. Joseph D. Logan, 22, of Willis, Texas.
Defense officials say the Marines died January 19, 2012 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
They were assigned to Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 363, Marine Aircraft Group 24, 1st Marine Aircraft Wing, III Marine Expeditionary Force, out of Kaneohe Bay, in Hawaii.