7 Vehicle Thefts on Maui Mar. 11 to 17, 2012March 25, 2012, 10:23 PM HST · Updated March 25, 10:41 PM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 7 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between March 11 and 17, 2012.
The incidents include three thefts in Kahului, and single incidents in Kaanapali, Kihei, Lahaina, and Paia.
Vehicles stolen included (3) Hondas–a sedan, a dirt bike and a Prelude; (1) Dodge Caravan, (1) Genuine Scooter Co. moped, (1) Ford Festiva, and (1) Kawasaki motorcycle.
Three vehicles was recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Saturday, March 17, 2012, 11 p.m.: Kekaa Drive at CJ’s Deli and Diner in the Fairway Shops. 1997 White Dodge Caravan. License plate #: MDD746. VIN#: 2B4GP4430VR428747. RECOVERED.
- Monday, March 12, 2012, 2 a.m.: East Kamehameha Avenue at the west end of the Safeway Kahului parking lot. Green 1994 Honda four-door sedan. License plate#: FJJ884. VIN#: JHMCD5651RC066195.
- Monday, March 12, 2012, 4:10 p.m.: Naholo Circle. Red and White Honda 100CC dirt bike.
- Thursday, March 15, 2012, 9 p.m.: Kahiki Street. 2001 Black Honda Prelude. License plate #: MSN823. VIN#: JHMBB61451C010710. RECOVERED.
- Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 10 p.m.: South Kihei Road at Kauhale Makai, Village by the Sea. 2010 White Genuine Scooter Co. moped.
- Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 11:45 a.m.: Honoapiilani Highway at mile marker 30. 2011 Silver Ford Festiva. License plate#: LCD071. VIN#: 3FADP4BJ9BM198447. RECOVERED.
- Monday, March 12, 2012, 9:26 p.m.: Kahiko Street. 1998 Orange and Purple Kawasaki 250CC motorcycle. License plate #: 342XFP. VIN#: JKAKLMD12WA090839.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.