17 Maui Burglaries Reported June 3 to 9, 2012
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
Maui police responded to 17 burglaries over a seven day period, between June 3 and 9, 2012.
There were three incidents each in Kihei and Lahaina; two incidents in Napili; and one incident each in Haiku, Hana, Kaanapali, Kahului, Kaunakakai, Lanai, Paia, Pukalani and Wailuku.
The complete list of locations affected and times in which the incidents occurred are as follows:
- May, 17, 2012, 2 p.m.: Hana Highway near Twin Falls, unlawful entry.
- Thursday, June 7, 2012, 9 p.m.: Alalele Place at the Hana Airport, unlawful entry.
- Wednesday, June 6, 2012, 7 p.m.: Kaanapali Shores Place at the Maui Kai condominiums, unlawful entry.
- May 30, 2012, 2 p.m.: West Kane Street, unlawful entry.
- Friday, June 8, 2012, 1:22 p.m.: Kamehameha V Highway in Kaunakakai, forced entry.
- Sunday, June 3, 2012, 4 p.m.: Halama Street, forced entry.
- May 24, 2012, 1:30 p.m.: Liloa Drive at Lokelani Intermediate School, Classroom 202, forced entry.
- Friday, June 8, 2012, 9 p.m.: Ehiku Street at Liloa Drive at the new South Maui Park, forced entry.
- Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 12 p.m.: Wainee Street, unlawful entry.
- Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 7:30 p.m.: Wharf Street at the Lahaina Harbor slip, forced entry.
- Friday, June 8, 2012, 9:54 p.m.: Honoapiilani Highway at the Weinberg Court apartments, unlawful entry.
- May 23, 2012, 10 a.m.: 12th Street on Lanai, forced entry.
- January 1, 2012, 1:41 p.m. Lower Honoapiilani Road at Pohailani, unlawful entry.
- Saturday, June 9, 2012, 7 p.m.: Lower Honoapiilani at One Napili Way, unlawful entry.
- Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 6:45 a.m.: Ulumau Place, unlawful entry.
- May 20, 2012, 12 p.m.: Ikea Place, unlawful entry.
- Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 7:03 a.m.: Waena Street at the Wailuku Community Center, unlawful entry.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.