Maui Water Use and Development Plan Meetings BeginJanuary 4, 2013, 7:16 AM HST · Updated January 4, 7:17 AM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
Public meetings are scheduled throughout Maui this month for the County of Maui Water Use and Development Plan.
The kickoff meetings will provide an overview of the newly revised island wide plan and explain how the remainder of the public process will occur.
The first meeting is set for Tuesday, January 8th from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Velma McWayne Santos Community Center in Wailuku.
The full schedule of meetings is as follows:
- Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013, 6-8 p.m.: Velma McWayne Santos Community Center, Wailuku
- Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013, 6-8 p.m.: Mayor Hannibal Tavares Cmty Center, Upcountry
- Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013, 6-8 p.m.: Kihei Community Center, South Maui
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013, 6-8 p.m.: Lahaina Civic Center, West Maui
- Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013, 6-8 p.m.: Helene Social Hall, Hana
According to Hawaii state law, each county is required to prepare, periodically update, and adopt by ordinance a water use plan to serve as the long-range blueprint for all uses of water in each county.