6 Vehicle Thefts on Maui Dec. 23 to 29, 2012
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of 6 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between December 23 and 29, 2012.
The cases include one incident each in Haiku, Kaanapali, Kahului, Lahaina, Napili and Wailuku.
Two of the stolen vehicles have since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Monday, December 24, 2012, 12:04 p.m.: Keanae Road. 1988 White Suzuki Samurai. RECOVERED.
- Thursday, December 27, 2012, 7 a.m.: Kai Malino Parkway. 2011 Red Roketa Powersports moped. License #: M70549. VIN#: LYDTCBPC8B1503095.
- Sunday, December 23, 2012, 12:40 p.m.: Kaahumanu Avenue at the Queen Kaahumanu Shopping Center, 3rd floor of the Parking Structure. 1997 Green Honda Accord. License #: LCL135. VIN#: 1HGCD7252VA011734.
- Sunday, December 23, 2012, 9 p.m.: Wainee Street at the Spinnaker Apartments. 2003 Black Yamaha Ruckus moped. RECOVERED.
- Monday, December 24, 2012, 11 p.m.: Kupele Place. 1999 Blue Jeep Wrangler. License #: JNA150. VIN#: 1J4FYI9S6YP408818.
- Monday, December 24, 2012, 10 p.m.: Kuikahi Drive. 1998 Silver Honda Accord. License #: GWG456. VIN#: 1HGCG5653WA171399.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.