5 Vehicle Thefts on Maui Dec. 30, 2012 to Jan. 5, 2013
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of 5 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between December 30, 2012 and January 5, 2013.
The cases include one incident each in Kahului, Lahaina, Pukalani, Waikapu, and Wailuku.
Three of the stolen vehicles have since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Friday, January 4, 2013, 9:24 p.m.: Lanui Circle at the Kahului Airport. 1998 Black Dodge Durango. RECOVERED.
- Monday, December 31, 2012, 3 p.m. Front Street. 2008 Black Kaitong motorcycle/moped. VIN#: LJ5LA6A8191060128.
- Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11 p.m.: Ehilani Street. Yellow Cobra motorcycle/moped. RECOVERED.
- Saturday, January 5, 2013, 1:30 a.m.: Moolu Cirecle. 2006 Black/Green Kawasaki motorcycle.
- Friday, January 4, 2013, 11:30 a.m.: Neki Place. 2012 Black Ford Fusion. RECOVERED.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.