District Meetings Scheduled for 2014 Maui Budget
By Wendy Osher
The Council’s Budget and Finance Committee hosts a series of public meetings for input on the FY 2014 Budget in April.
The first meeting is scheduled to take place on at 6 p.m. Monday, April 1, 2013, at the Kihei Community Center in South Maui.
“Receiving public input is an important part of the budget process,” said Budget Committee Chair Mike White in a press release announcing the meetings. “Through this process, the Council is able to craft a budget that is in the best interests of Maui County residents,” he said.
The full schedule of meetings is as follows:
- Monday, April 1, 2013, 6 p.m.: Kihei Community Center, South Maui
- Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 6 p.m.: Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Social Hall
- Thursday, April 4, 2013, 6 p.m.: Paia Community Center, Social Hall
- Monday, April 8, 2013, 6 p.m.: Helene Social Hall in Hana, East Maui
- Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 6 p.m.: Lahaina Civic Center, Social Hall, West Maui
- Friday, April 12, 2013, 6 p.m.: Lanai Senior Center
- Monday, April 15, 2013, 6 p.m.: Mitchell Pauole Center, Main Hall, Molokai
- Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 6:30 p.m.: Lihikai Elementary School, Dining Room, Kahului
The Maui Council is scheduled to receive the Mayor’s version of the budget on March 25, and has until June 10 to pass its own version of the budget, according to White.