Lānaʻi Power RESTORED: 6:20 p.m. April 18, 2013
By Wendy Osher
(Update: 6:20 p.m. 4/18/13)
Maui Electric Company reports that power has since been restored to affected customers on the island of Lānaʻi.
(Posted: 5:55 p.m. 4/18/13)
Maui Electric Company has confirmed a power outage on Lānaʻi at around 5:55 p.m. on Thursday, April 18, 2013.
MECO released information this evening saying the following areas are affected:
- Lānaʻi Co Wells 1,3,9, & 15, Harmer repeater tower, and Lānaʻi Well’s #2 & #4,
- Areas bounded by Ilima Street, Koa Drive, 11th Street, 12th Street, 13th Street, Lalakoa Subdivision, and laterals,
- Areas bounded by Fraser Avenue, 6th Street, Waialua Housing, Lānaʻi High School, and laterals,
- Areas bounded by Fraser Avenue, Lānaʻi Ave., 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th Street, and laterals,
- Areas bounded by Keomoku Highway, Kauna’oa Drive, Koele Resort, Wailua Townhouses, Maunalei, and laterals,
- Areas bounded by Manele Road, Hulupo’e Road, Manele Bay Hotel, Manele Resort, and laterals.
MECO officials say they are working to identify the cause and restore electrical service as quickly and safely as possible.