UPDATE: Suspects Questioned in Student Threat Investigation
By Wendy Osher
(Update: 2:18 p.m. 5/3/13)
Police are investigating an alleged case of terroristic threatening at a middle school on Maui reported on Tuesday.
Police declined to comment on exactly where the incident occurred, but said the investigation revealed that one juvenile suspect made a comment that was perceived as a threat toward a fellow classmate.
Maui Police Lieutenant William Juan said no lock-down occurred as police were notified after school hours, and students had already left campus.
Authorities say no weapons were located during a preliminary investigation; however police say any charges stemming from the incident will be forwarded to the Maui County Prosecutor’s Office for review.
(Posted:10:08 a.m. 5/3/13)
Maui police say they have identified suspects in a terroristic threatening case after receiving a report on April 30 of a alleged threat made against a student.
Investigators with the department’s Juvenile Crime Prevention Division say the threat was made by a fellow student, but did not specify the age of the students involved, or the school district where the incident took place.
“The alleged suspects (sic) were located and interviewed with the full cooperation of their parents. No weapons were located in the investigation and this case is still under investigation,” said Lieutenant William Juan, in a media release today.
Department officials say the suspects were identified through the assistance of the reporting party and school officials.
Any charges stemming from the incident, police say, will be forwarded to the Maui County Prosecutor’s Office for review.
“We commend the actions of the juvenile and his family in coming forward to report this incident to police,” said Lt. Juan.
***Please check back for further details, which will be posted as they become available.