9 Vehicle Thefts on Maui April 21 to 27, 2013
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of 9 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between April 21 and 27, 2013.
The cases include (3) incidents in Kahului, (2) in Lahaina, (1) Māʻalaea, (1) Nāpili, (1) Waiheʻe, and (1) in Wailea.
Five of the nine stolen vehicles has since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11 p.m.: Alahao Street at Kanahā Beach Park. 1988 Green Chevy pickup. License: KPM603. VIN: 1GCDK14H6JZ248252.
- Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 8:31 a.m.: West Kamehameha Avenue at the Salvation Army. 2004 Black and Gray Kawasaki motorcycle. RECOVERED.
- Thursday, April 25, 2013, 3:25 p.m.: Alahao Street at Kanahā Beach Park campground area parking lot. 2011 Red and Silver Lingyu moped. VIN: LJLTCBHN4B3E52251.
- Thursday, April 25, 2013, 3:30 a.m.: Front Street at the Channel House. 2012 Black Kaitong motorcycle/moped. VIN: LYDTCBPC5C1501208.
- Thursday, April 25, 2013, 9 p.m.: Dickenson Street at Dickenson Square. Blue Jeep Wrangler. RECOVERED.
- Saturday, April 27, 2013, 6:04 a.m.: Honoapiʻilani Highway at Mile-30. 1997 Blue and White Dodge Ram. RECOVERED.
- Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 10 a.m.: Lower Honoapiʻilani Road. 2002 White GMC Safari. RECOVERED.
- Sunday, April 21, 2013, 4:02 p.m.: Kahekili Highway. 1992 White Toyota Hilux. License: MYN770. VIN: JT4RN81A9N138600.
- Saturday, April 27, 2013, 8:30 a.m.: Oneuli Beach Access Road in dirt parking lot. 2013 White Chevy multipurpose vehicle. RECOVERED.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities. Supporting information provided by Maui Police.