8 Vehicle Thefts on Maui Aug 18 to 24, 2013
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of 8 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between Aug. 18 and 24, 2013.
The cases include (3) incidents in Hāna, (1) Kahului, (1) Kīhei, (2) Lahaina, and (1) Makawao.
Two of the 8 stolen vehicles have since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013, 10:23 a.m.: Hāna Highway between Mile 31 and 41. 1997 Blue Ford F350. License: MDL120. VIN: 1FTHF36F6VEC52263.
- Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013, 10:23 a.m.: Hāna Highway between Mile 31 and 41. Red Honda Foreman 400.
- Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013, 10:23 a.m.: Hāna Highway between Mile 31 and 41. Dark Green Yamaha Grizzley.
- Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013, 9 a.m.: Uhu Street at the Kahului Community Center. 2008 Yellow CPI USA moped. RECOVERED.
- Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013, 6:30 p.m.: First parking lot at Oneloa or Big Beach in Mākena. 2013 Black GTX moped. VIN: L4YTAA55XCA501000.
- Monday, Aug. 19, 2013, 7 p.m.: Kenui Street at the Front Street Apartments. 2005 Black CPI USA moped. VIN: RFTFM50B44000209.
- Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, 6:27 a.m.: Olowalu Road. 2004 White Nissan Sentra. RECOVERED.
- Friday, Aug. 23, 2013, 7:02 a.m.: Nakui Street. 1999 Silver Subaru Legacy. License: NZV654. VIN: 4S3BK435X7309015.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities. Supporting information provided by Maui Police.