Maui Business

Dryer Fire Results in $4,000 Damage to Lahaina Moose’s

September 25, 2013, 5:42 AM HST
* Updated September 26, 9:44 AM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00
A
A
A

By Wendy Osher

A clothes dryer sparked a fire at a restaurant on Front Street in Lahaina on Monday morning.

The incident was reported at 5:16 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 24, 2013, at 844 Front Street, an address occupied by Lahaina Moose McGillycuddy’s.

When firefighters from Lahaina arrived on scene, they found the sprinkler system activated, and the fire extinguished, officials said.

An investigation determined that a clothes dryer in a utility room caught fire, causing an estimated $4,000 in damage, said Maui Fire Services Chief Lee Mainaga.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD

Fire officials say the cause was considered accidental, and no injuries were reported.

E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments