‘Dining for Life’ Event Benefits Maui AIDS FoundationMay 22, 2014, 10:00 AM HST · Updated May 22, 3:53 PM 0 Comments
By Vanessa Wolf
This Friday and Saturday, May 23 and 24, Vineyard Food Company in Wailuku is hosting a special ‘Dining for Life’ dinner benefiting the Maui AIDS Foundation.
15% of all sales will be donated to the non-profit and proceeds from the event will support programs for those living with HIV/AIDS including client care, housing, and nutrition and prevention and education for all of Maui.
The meal is BYOB (beer and wine only) and opens with a choice of
- Cannellini Bean and Rosemary Bruschetta,
- Herbed Fish Fritters with Tomato/Basil Sauce or
- Crisp Ricotta Rolls with Walnuts and Chives.
Next, a Mixed Greens Salad with mozzarella, sliced tomato and fresh basil topped with balsamic vinaigrette reduction.
For an entree, choose between:
- Corsican Beef Stew served with rigatoni and carrots, finished with Marsala wine,
- Baked Seafood Fettuccine (with shrimp, scallops and fish of the day) in parchment paper and topped with herbed tomato, lemon and basil sauce or
- Herbed Risotto and Roasted Wild Mushrooms garnished with Romano cheese and served with roasted asparagus and plum tomatoes.
For dessert, Lemon Ricotta Cake with warm fruit compote.
The meal is available at $42 per person (excluding gratuity) and there are two seatings at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m., respectively.
Call (808) 243-3663 to make a reservation.
Vineyard Food Company is located at 1951 E. Vineyard Street in Wailuku.