Full Moon Dinner Cruise Includes Mauian Astronomy SpeakerJune 10, 2014, 12:00 PM HST · Updated June 11, 10:41 AM 0 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
This Thursday, June 12, the Pacific Whale Foundation Eco-Adventure departs from Lahaina Harbor under the (hopefully) unobscured and brilliant full moon.
Narrated by Harriet Witt, an astronomy writer and “speaker known for her entertaining and informative commentary,” anticipate an increase in your own wisdom about the night sky and all things lunar. (Editor’s note: Witt’s commentary may have a “new age” spin on astronomy.)
This cruise takes place from 8 to 10 p.m. and in addition to the lecture includes:
* Unlimited juices and soda
* Up to three alcoholic beverages (choose from local microbrewery beer, red and white wine, and mai tais) for adults over the age of 21 with valid ID.
* Appetizers and desserts including:
– Platter of Chimichurri-Tossed Char-Grilled Vegetables
– Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Hummus
– Assorted Tropical Fruit and Artisan Cheese Platter
– Trio of House Made Chips (Molokai Sweet Potato, Corn Tortilla and Russet Potato)
– Curried Chicken Wrap with Garden Vegetables and Haiku Greens
– Chocolate Chip Cookies
– Coconut Haupia over Chocolate Cookie Crust
* Free full-color marine life poster
Tickets are $59.95 if you call the Pacific Whale Foundation at (808) 249-8811 ext. 1 or 10% off ($53.95) if you purchase them from them online.