Benefit Dinner Supports a Legacy of Caring for Maui’s KupunaSeptember 18, 2014, 10:00 AM HST · Updated September 22, 2:28 PM 0 Comments
By Vanessa Wolf
Next Saturday, September 27, Kokua for Kupuna – Hale Makua Health Services’ signature fundraiser – is being held at the Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa in Ka’anapali.
The benefit event includes live entertainment, a dinner buffet, two hosted drinks, and silent auction with over 100 items from local retailers and restaurants.
This year’s theme, Vintage Aloha, celebrates the event’s 26th year by recognizing local individuals and businesses whose commitment to Hale Makua Health Services has helped the organization sustain a 68-year legacy of providing care to those who have no one to care for them and no means to pay for care.
As a result, acknowledgment of long-time supporters VIP Foodservice, Cash-N-Carry, and the Roy H. & Lorraine M. Okumura Foundation is planned.
So what’s that about a buffet dinner?
This year’s menu includes:
- Mixed greens with papaya seed dressing and balsamic vinaigrette
- Sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, Maui onions
- Somen noodle
- Oriental chicken won ton salad
- Fresh rolls & creamy butter
- Sautéed mahi mahi with tropical relish
- Oriental oyster chicken
- Roast pork loin and gravy
- Fried rice
- Scalloped garlic potatoes
- Assorted cakes, pies and pastries
- Regular and decaffeinated Royal Kona coffee and an assortment of Tazo teas
Proceeds will benefit the organization’s nursing home residents who cannot afford the cost of living and care at a nursing home.
The event starts at 5:30 p.m. and tickets are $110 for adults and $1,300 for a reserved table of 10 with premium seating.