Maui Bus Commuter Parking Moved During Maui Fair Week
By Maui Now Staff
Starting today, Sept. 29, Maui Bus Commuter parking that is normally allowed at the War Memorial Stadium parking lot, is being relocated to the Kahului Boat Ramp as county crews accommodate the activities and traffic associated with the Maui Fair.
The temporary parking will remain in effect through Sunday, Oct. 5.
In addition, the Maui Bus Service will be re-routed and specific stops eliminated on Thursday Oct. 2 to accommodate the Maui Fair Parade and the temporary partial closure of Kaʻahumanu Avenue.
The changes are as follows:
Lahaina Islander (Lahaina Bound)
- Eliminating the 4:40 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. Wells Street and Waikapū stops from Queen Kaʻahumanu Center heading to Lahaina.
Kahului Loop Route #5
- Eliminating the 2:32 p.m., 3:32 p.m., 4:32 p.m. and 5:32 p.m. Wahine Pio/MACC stop from Queen Kaʻahumanu Center.
- Eliminating the 4:35 p.m. and 5:35 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
Kahului Reverse Loop Route #6
- Eliminating the 2:53 p.m., 3:53 p.m., 4:53 p.m. and 5:53 p.m. Wahine Pio/Maui College stop going to Queen Kaʻahumanu Center.
- Eliminating the 4:49 p.m. and 5:49 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
Wailuku Loop Route #1
- Eliminating the 4:40 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. Maui Memorial Medical Center and Maui Lani Parkway stops.
- Eliminating the 4:23 p.m., 5:23 p.m. and 6:23 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
Wailuku Reverse Loop Route #2
- Eliminating the 4:03 p.m., 5:03 p.m. and 6:03 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
County officials say the remaining bus routes will operate as normal with some deviation in street routing, but will continue to serve all other existing bus stops. Passengers are asked to expect delays in pick-up times due to the increased traffic during the parade.