Applications Being Accepted for Maui Boards and Commissions
By Maui Now Staff
Maui Mayor Alan Arakawa announced today that applications are now being accepted for boards, councils, commissions and committees in Maui County.
Responsibilities include hearing public testimony, reviewing policies and standards and making recommendations.
Positions are appointed by the Mayor and are confirmed by the Maui County Council for terms ranging from two to five years.
While service is voluntary with no monetary compensation, board or commission appointees provide an important government service, said Mayor Arakawa.
Interested individuals can submit their application ONLINE by the December 31, 2014 deadline.
Paper applications are also available at: the County Building in the Mayor’s Office and in the Information Booth in the main lobby; at all public libraries; at Council Services offices on Molokaʻi and Lānaʻi and in Hāna; and at all Parks and Recreation Permit offices (Wailuku, Makawao, Lahaina, Kīhei, Hāna, Molokaʻi and Lānaʻi). Paper applications should be mailed to: Mayor Alan Arakawa, County of Maui, 200 South High Street, Ninth Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793, or faxed to (808) 270-7870.
Applications are being accepted for the following board and commissions in Maui County:
- Affirmative Action Advisory Council;
- Animal Control Board;
- Board of Ethics;
- Board of Variances and Appeals;
- Board of Water Supply;
- Civil Service Commission;
- Commission on Persons with Disabilities;
- Committee on the Status of Women;
- Cost of Government Commission;
- Council on Aging;
- Fire and Public Safety Commission;
- Hāna Advisory Committee;
- Kula Agricultural Park Committee;
- Lānaʻi Planning Commission;
- Liquor Control Adjudication Board;
Liquor Control Commission;
- Maui County Arborist Committee;
- Maui County Cultural Resources Commission;
- Maui Planning Commission;
- Maui Redevelopment Agency;
- Molokaʻi Planning Commission;
- Police Commission;
- Public Works Commission;
- Real Property Tax Review Board; and
- Salary Commission
For more information, call the Office of the Mayor at (808) 270-7855.