Maui County to Hold Grand Re-Opening, Blessing for Mitchell Pau‘ole Center
By Maui Now Staff
The County of Maui Department of Parks & Recreation today announced that a blessing and grand re-opening of the Mitchell Pau‘ole Center will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2015, in Kaunakakai, Moloka‘i. The event will begin at 10 a.m. at the facility, located at 90 Ainoa St.
The Mitchell Pau‘ole Center was closed for improvements earlier this year, to bring the facility into compliance with the 2010 Americans with Disabilities Act Standards for Accessible design:
· ADA parking and access to center, signage, restrooms, drinking fountain, door hardware, counter and accessible sidewalks and seating by bleachers.
The facility also underwent an expansion, building repairs and upgrades, including:
· A new 2,826 sq. ft. open-air covered lanai for performance and gatherings;
· Kitchen: Upgraded appliances, counters, shelving, plumbing fixtures, flooring and paint;
· Main Hall: New energy-efficient lighting and ceiling fans; new paint, flooring and exit doors;
· Restrooms: Upgraded fixtures, partitions, restroom accessories, flooring and paint.
Total cost of the improvements was $1,327,000.
For more information, contact April Shiotani, CIP coordinator, DPR Planning and Development Division, at (808) 270-8017.