Maui Bus “Upcountry Islander” and “Kula Villager” Route ChangesFebruary 26, 2015, 4:03 PM HST · Updated February 26, 4:05 PM 0 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
The Maui County Department of Transportation announced changes to the Maui Bus’ Upcountry Islander and Kula Villager routes, beginning Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015.
- The addition of the Kulamalu Town Center to the Upcountry Islander route;
- The bus connection between the Upcountry Islander and the Kula Villager will be relocated to the Kulamalu Town Center, near Longs Drug Store;
- Both the Upcountry Islander and Kula Villager will continue to service the Pukalani Street bus stop separately;
- The Kula Villager bus schedule will be moved to 17 minutes after the hour with the first bus now starting service at 7:17 a.m. from Pukalani Street.
- The Kula Highway bus stop fronting Long’s at Kulamalu will be relocated within Kulamalu, near the roundabout closest to the County park and will become the new meeting point for the Upcountry Islander and Kula Villager.
The area within Kulamalu will be designated as a “No Parking” area, and drivers are being asked to use adjacent parking to avoid blocking traffic.
Signs will be posted, new schedules prepared and information posted on the Maui County website.