12 Student Athletes Inducted into Enterprise/HHSAA 2015 Hall of Honor
By Maui Now Staff
Twelve student athletes from across the state were named as inductees into the Enterprise/Hawaiʻi High School Athletic Association Hall of Honor.
The students were selected by a 16-person committee of current and former sports reporters, athletic directors and coaches from around the state.
The selection committee spent two days in meetings and picked the honorees based on criterial that included athletic achievement, character, sportsmanship, academic record and community service.
The 2015 honorees include the following students:
- Kamuela Borden, ‘Iolani (football, basketball, track & field)
- Gabbie Ewing, Hawai’i Prep (volleyball, soccer)
- Tiyana Hallums, Kamehameha (volleyball, track & field)
- Lena Hayakawa, Mid-Pacific (swimming)
- Sabrina Hollins, Waipahu (wrestling, judo, track & field)
- BJ Hosaka, Hawai’i Baptist (basketball, volleyball)
- Ian Kahaloa, Campbell (baseball)
- Kanoa Kaleoaloha, Kamehamehama (swimming)
- Kawika Lam, Punahou (tennis, basketball)
- Sarah Lau, Kamehameha (volleyball, soccer, track & field)
- Micah Ma’a, Punahou (football, basketball, volleyball)
- Kanawai Noa, Punahou (football, basketball, track & field)
Each inductee will be presented with a $2,000 scholarship courtesy of Enterprise Holdings, which owns and operates Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental, Alamo Rent A Car and Enterprise CarShare brands.
The student-athletes will be formally inducted at an awards banquet scheduled to take place at 6 p.m. June 7, at Dole Cannery Square’s Pōmaika’i Ballroom.
The Hall of Honor program has been recognizing Hawai’i senior student-athletes each year since 1983 with a top 12 list.